We do not make vehicles. We make vehicles go!
We focus on what we do best:
- Developing high-power, durable electric drive IP
- Developing advanced controls, to optimize system performance
We make complete replacement powertrains with the power and range for heavy duty local service, which includes delivery trucks, buses, and refuse trucks.
When we say “powertrain”, we mean all the parts needed to make a vehicle go.
No; we use electric drive to turn the wheels, but we also have an onboard generator that charges the batteries, as needed, on the road.
Our powertrains combine the efficiency of pure EVs with the range of a hybrid. We use electric drive together with high power batteries and a small range extender engine.
- Complete Plug and Play Repower Kit:
a. New back axle
b. Redundant drives
c. Battery pack
e. Thermal management system
g. LCD instruments
h. Parking pawl
i. Electrical harnesses
- Uncompromised performance
- Given refueling, unlimited range: no need to plug in during routes
- Patented VDCS (Vehicle Dynamic Control System)
- Robust packaging
- Turbine generator
a. Cleaner than an EV
b. Multi-fuel (diesel, CNG, LNG, landfill gases)
c. Extremely low maintenance
- CNG, LNG, diesel, landfill gases up to 7% sulfides
- 400 HP regenerative braking
- OEM braking system is left untouched
- Weight Class 3-6
- Available in AWD
- Available in class 7, with multiple powered axles (3+)
Wrightspeed has been funded since 2010. It was founded in 2005.
Commercial fleet operators and vehicle manufacturers.
We only sell to commercial fleet operators and vehicle manufacturers.