To maintain computerized records of inventory and follow proper ordering procedures to maintain “just-in-time” inventory levels as established.
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual physical inventory as well as reconciling inventory discrepancies.
• Maintain communications with internal customers, including process engineers, technicians, purchasing, and finance.
• Manage all company shipping and receiving to include transacting receipts into Enterprise system (Epicor/Odoo).
• Receive shipments and play an integral role in preparing and processing physical inventory and routine cycle counts.
• Manage all 3PL’s, primary contact to outside services in tracking incoming receipts and outgoing shipments.
• Experience processing Domestic and International Shipment Customs forms and following Harmonized Tariff regulations.
- Accurately maintains computer records of all goods received and shipments made on a daily basis. Gives inventory reports to purchasing and inventory control manager.
- Places orders with suppliers up to authorization limits when the established “low” point is reached.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vendors. Tries to establish two sources for frequently purchased items.
- Studies regular inventory reports to determine which items can be scheduled for regular delivery in order to reduce the necessity for special orders.
- Conducts frequent partial physical inventory audits to verify accuracy of computer records; conducts a complete physical inventory count annually.
- Maintains a computerized inventory system and, under direction of the purchasing and inventory control manager, may upgrade the software from time to time.
- Participates with the manager in determining purchase requirements for blanket orders.
- May operate a forklift truck when there are staffing problems.
- High school diploma, equivalency certificate, or proof of sufficient skills to fulfill essential functions.
- Secondary Education completed or in-progress is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of inventory control procedures.
- Proficiency in keyboarding and experience with computerized inventory systems.
- Skill in organizing work efficiently and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Skill in communicating with warehouse workers, the purchasing department, and with outside vendors.
- Previous certification as a forklift operator desirable but not required.
- Logistics experience required.