Wrightspeed, Inc. seeks a Lead Turbine Thermal/Mechanical Engineer to drive our turbine engine development.
Specific duties will include:
- Provide technical input in the continued development of the Wrightspeed turbine engine;
- Develop and refine conceptual designs of Aerothermal systems that employ thermodynamics, heat transfer and fluid flow knowledge and innovative technical approaches;
- Produce thermal-fluid designs to further the industrialization of the engine;
- Apply practical experience and professional insight to determine the optimal solutions based on performance, risk, cost, etc.;
- Complete the development of injector and combustion can systems, in collaboration with other turbine engineering team members;
- Work with suppliers to iterate and improve the turbine design; and
- Support vehicle and subsystem test activities, resolving all issues in order to ensure that the Wrightspeed turbine is robust.
Worksite: Alameda, CA.
Requires Master’s degree or the equivalent and three (3) years of experience.
E-mail resume to HR: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: Application for Lead Turbine Thermal/Mechanical Engineer