- Lead and manage all supplier procurement, sourcing, purchasing, commercial, contractual negotiation processes & activities for Wrightspeed.
- Source and establish the best possible supplier network for Wrightspeed, capable to procure and supply parts, components & assemblies with the highest Quality, Delivery, Cost and Safety performance.
- General duties include improving productivity and efficiency, reducing costs and securing high-quality materials for the company.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Reviewing and updating supply chain practices in line with company policies, standards, laws and regulations.
- Working with (and eventually replacing) existing ERP system to maximize efficiencies and data analytics.
- Negotiating terms and prices with suppliers and freight companies, monitoring and assessing their performance and maintaining cost-effective practices.
- Develop and implement Sourcing processes and systems to select and evaluate best suppliers.
- Develop and implement Procurement processes that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Implementing logistic strategies, tracking goods from the origination point to the warehouse.
- Analyzing the supply chain data and solving any issues or putting alternative plans in place.
- Identifying and minimizing risk by predicting the demand for products and adopting new technology with no interruption to the process.
- Managing inventory, packing and distributing.
- Supervising and training employees.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as production, manufacturing engineering, design engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify best suppliers.
- Establish data based analyses to support Make or Buy decisions together with relevant areas.
- Lead & develop supplier cost reduction strategies and action plans with other functional areas, such as engineering, operations, production, and quality assurance.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard costed BOM lists.
- Define performance KPI metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors such as product cost, delivery and quality.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Analyze information about supplier performance and procurement program success.
- Assess vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Strong planning & negotiation skills with Project management expertise – leadership and initiative
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy
- Strategic planning and thinking, systems analysis and evaluation
- Relationship management skills and active listening
- Complex problem-solving skills & data analysis driven
- Interpersonal skills – Team player & customer oriented
- In-depth knowledge of various IT systems
- In-depth understanding of risk management within the supply chain of the company
- Communication – written & verbal
- Hands on – result oriented
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Master’s in Business Administration or Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- 10+ yrs experience in Purchasing, Procurement, Sourcing, Supplier Chain preferred.